Car Rental FAQs
These cars may be potentially rented out illegally.
Yes, Ace Drive is definitely a legal car rental company. All our fleet are converted into legal rental car by LTA (Land Transport Authority) with full comprehensive insurance coverage. You can easily identify the difference by just looking at the road tax disc. A legal rental vehicle will bear a print “MOTORCAR”, where a private passenger car will show “PASSENGER(PRIVATE)”.
In the event of an accident, whether you are in the right or wrong, you will face complications.
1. The actual owner of the vehicle may not know that his car is used for rental.
2. If his insurance company finds out that a normal passenger vehicle is being used as a rental car, the insurance company will have the right not to underwrite any risk and terminate the insurance immediately, and/ or help to make any claim on his behalf.
3. You may be subject to unlimited liability claims as you are not covered by any insurance.
*Please refer to the table below for our age and driving experience requirement.
Legend: N– Normal Cars | CSC– Convertible, Sports & Coupe (CSC) cars | HP– High Performance Cars | EX– Exotic Cars | PB– Porsche Boxster
Note: Hirers who do not meet our age group or driving experience criteria can still be considered on a case by case basis, subject to approval.
|Car Model||Type||Age||Driving Experience|
|Audi A3 Convertible||N||23 to 65 years of age||3 years of driving experience|
|All Other Japanese / Korean Cars|
|Audi S5 SportBack|
|BMW 316i Sport|
|BMW 320i XL|
|BMW 535i ActiveHybrid 5|
|Citroen DS4 1.6A|
|Mercedes Benz C180 CGI Sport|
|Mercedes Benz CLS350|
|Merc E200K Avantgarde|
|Merc E250 CGI AMG|
|Mercedes Benz S300L|
|Audi A3 Convertible||CSC||23 to 65 years of age||3 years of driving experience|
|Audi TTS Roadster|
|BMW 320I A Cabriolet|
|BMW 320I M Sport Convertible|
|Mini Cooper S Open-Top|
|BMW 130i 3DR||HP||25 to 65 years of age||3 years of driving experience|
|BMW 630Ci Coupe|
|BMW 640i Gran Coupe|
|Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic|
|Maserati Granturismo||EX||29 to 65 years of age||5 years of driving experience|
|Porsche 911 Carrera 4S PDK Cabriolet|
1.) For Singaporeans
– Valid Singapore Driving License & IC
2.) For Non-Singaporeans / Foreigners
– International driving licence & FIN Card / Passport.
The rates are based on a 24-hour rental day starting with the hour you pick up the vehicle.
1.) For Corporate Car Rental, a minimum rental of 3 days.
2.) For Wedding, Luxury, Normal & Sports Car Rental, a minimum rental of 1 day is required.
All hirers must present a valid driving licence, identification card and/or passport.
Hirers can settle payments with credit cards (VISA or MASTERCARD), NETS, PayPal, bank transfer and / or cash. Please note that we discourage all forms of cash payments, customers will take their own risk for making cash payments. All payments to be made to “Ace Drive Pte Ltd” only.
Account Holder: ACE DRIVE PTE LTD
- OCBC Account No: 629-119322-001
- (Bank code – 7339)
- OCBC Swift Code: OCBCSGSG
- DBS Account No: 003-918921-4
- (Bank code – 7171)
- DBS Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
Please note all charges stated are before GST. Yes, all hiring charges will be subjected to the prevailing GST rate.
Yes, we can accept cash, credit cards & cheque (applicable for locals only) but credit cards are preferred. To know the deposit amount required, please click here and fill in your details you will immediately receive an email. Deposit refundable 7 working days from return date subject to traffic violations, summons, and unpaid penalties for mileage, time extensions, petrol, and damages to our vehicle, if any.
There is no limit to the number of driver, but second driver is free provided that a valid driver’s licence is presented upon confirmation of booking. The same rental terms and conditions applicable to the primary car hirer will also apply to the additional driver.
Yes, Ace Drive provides GPS/Navigation System on request at a nominal fee.
No, we strictly do not allow smoking in our vehicles. A penalty fee of $250 will be charged for vehicle detailing.
Yes, your rented car can be delivered to anywhere within Singapore provided the reservation and credit cards authorization are processed in advance. For every delivery or pick-up, a $50 one-way charge applies. $70 per trip will be charge for request less than 3 days in advance from rental date.
Yes, in respect of rentals for Malaysia use, please take note that all our vehicles are now allowed to be driven from Singapore to West Malaysia, provided that:
(i) The rental rates will be 50% more and the insurance excess will be double.
(ii) The insurance excess will be collected in full, either credit card or cash. Please take note that cheque will not be accepted.
(iii) Permission to drive to Malaysia is subject to approval & all payments must be paid prior to entering Malaysia. Failing which deposit will be forfeited and/or additional charges will be impose for recovering the vehicle.
Yes, there will be late payment penalty charges after the 24 hours rental. Every late / excess hour is chargeable at 20% of rental rates. Any extension will be charged at 10% of the rental rates, subject to availability. If you need more than 24 hours, please consult our sales representative and they will advise you accordingly subject to availability.
Yes. Every vehicle is set with different maximum mileage cap per day. Please check the mileage cap column under our Car Rental Rates Table in the auto responder (To receive our auto responder, please fill in your particulars here.) All purchase of extra mileage must be done before taking over the vehicle & any balance is non-refundable.
- Excess Mileage Cap – 2% per km charge of the rental rate.
- Additional Services (Add On):
- 1.5% of rental rate per km (pay per km use)
- 1% of the rental rate for 10km per block.
Yes. Our vehicles come provided with a full gas tank. The return of any rented vehicles requiring top-ups will incur a penalty cost of $5.00 per litre. All vehicles must be refuelled with Premium grade Unleaded (98 RON) gasoline. All vehicles must use only Ron 98 fuel, we will check.
- 100% forfeiture of rental if it is cancel less than 2 weeks from date of rental or no show no refund.
- 80% forfeiture of rental if it is cancel less than 4 weeks from date of rental or change of date on the date of rental.
- 60% forfeiture of rental if it is cancel less than 6 weeks from date of rental or change of date 3 days before date of rental.
- 40% forfeiture of rental if it is cancel less than 8 weeks from date of rental or change of date 1 week before date of rental.
- 20% forfeiture of rental if it is cancel less than 3 months from date of rental or change of date 2 weeks before date of rental.
- 10% forfeiture of rental if it is cancel more than 3 months from date of rental or change of date 3 weeks before date of rental.
Since 1st July 2012, we no longer operate on Sundays & public holidays. But to cater for some special needs, we are prepared to serve at additional $50 but subject to availability.
Hirers are held fully liable for any traffic or parking violations or breaking of any law governed by the authorities of Singapore.
Ace Drive’s Sports, Luxury & Exotic Vehicles have been preset with a range between 125km/h – 165km/h, depends on vehicle. Pre-setting speed limits does not mean Ace Drive encourage speeding. Thus, Ace Drive will not be made liable for any speeding offence(s) by the Hirer. The Hirer is solely responsible for any violation of Singapore laws during the rental period. Penalty at $10 per km excess of the given speed limit.